Saturday 24 November 2012

Thank you


    An email arrived a few days ago asking me if I had seen the CSI scrapbooking challenge colours....I clicked the link and took a peek. Well, the author of the email knows me very well and she knew that those colours would have me jumping for joy - My wedding colours of lilac and sage with darker purple and olive green and a pale yellow..

     Ahhhh.....a blissful colour palette - I hadn't managed to enter a CSI challenge yet. I had done one but had chickened out of posting it. Then the others followed but I never seemed to find the time and now this one had me hooked in. I wasn't going to let these colours get past me - but I still had no ideas!

      Then the new 'Simon says' challenge was posted. The subject being 'Thank you'.....

   This weekend is, the American Thanksgiving holiday - something I always have liked the idea of but obviously we don't celebrate it in England - so - Thanksgiving /Thank you /fav colours.....all began to tick away inside this weird brain of mine. My family have started a routine of beginning each evening meal saying something we are thankful for. Our children love it! My son insists on announcing the order in which we take turns and usually his "Thankful for..." is something associated with his anticipation of dessert....I began to think about how 'Thankful' I was for my family and the joy they bring to my life. So began the creation of my scrapbook page 'Thank you.....' - where I take the opportunity to thank my children.

      With the CSI challenge I need to follow the colour scheme (some people vary it slightly) and include one 'Testimony' and two pieces of 'Evidence'. The testimony I chose was the list of '18 things'  The two pieces of evidence were the frame surrounding the photo and the vellum (translucent element)



     I loved putting this page together. I got out the stack of papers and locating green/lilac papers was easy! I have just found a great bargain of some stamps in a craft shop in the clearance sale - so was keen to use some. My brand new DI's came out to play - seedless preserves, peeled paint (oh joy!!!) antique linen and gathered twigs - Aren't those names just gorgeous!?I used some Making Memories letter stamps (which haven't seen the light of day for years!) using the peeled paint to stamp the letters on ivory card, edged in antique linen. The hearts are stamped with gathered twigs and edged again with the antique linen. The torn edges of the papers are inked with a variety of gathered twigs, antique linen and seedless preserves.

     I began to write the list and the 18 thank you's were far easier to write than I had thought they would be! It was an important scrapbook page for me to do, because I probably don't say "Thank you" to them as much as I should. I want them to know how grateful I am that they are in my life and how much I treasure all of the things they do (even if they are driving me mad at times) So now it is written down forever.....I know I don't need a scrapbook page to be able to say these things to them, but it is amazing how something like this can make you stop and think.....and I will make sure I say the grateful words a lot more often....directly to them.


  












   




  Hope you like this scrapbook page....if you do, then please leave a comment. I'd love to know what you think of it.


I am entering this into these challenges - 

Penny's challenges - So thankful/Give thanks
Scrappers delights  - Thanks
Creative inspirations paints - Inspired by:Thankful for you
Lollipop crafts - Challenge #94 - We are thankful
Belli challenge - Challenge #157 - Thankful/ Gratitude
Love to create  - Challenge #42 - Give Thanks
The stamping boutique - Challenge #59 - Giving thanks
Pause Dream Enjoy - Challenge #47 - Anything goes
Artful times challenge - Anything goes










22 comments:

  1. Lovely layout....Thanks for joining at Pennys.
    Hugs,
    Shilpi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout... the stamped letters are yummy, and I love the hearts and flowers!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura...your layout is so pretty. Love the colors and the design! The little flowers bunched in the corner are perfect for that spot! And I love the little hearts, too! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the scrapbook layout. Like the torn edges. Thanks for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Anything Goes.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    PDE DT Group B

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one heck of a layout Laura. Love your list, your layering and those hearts. Wishing you the best of luck with these challenges as you really deserve it with this. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! LOVE the colors, the adorable pictures and all the embellishments!
    Thanks for sharing and linking up over at Creative Inspirations Paint! Hope to see you back for the next challenge that begins tomorrow :)
    Jessica
    CIP~ DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super pretty layout. Love the colors and the list. Thanks so much for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge.

    Tara
    PDEC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful layout Laura. I love the colours. The list is a perfect and heartfelt touch. Of course, I adore the stamped hearts and the flowers. Safe to say, I love it all!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers are gorgeous. A great page....and wonderful sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and I love the flowers and hearts. Thank you for playing along this week at The Stamping Boutique. Good luck in the challenge and I hope to see you in the next challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl TSB DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love all the detail and love you have put nto your page :)
    Thank you for joining us at Artful Times
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab layout. Love it. Love all the little details.

    Thanks for joining in at Love to Create this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your layout & can tell that it is very heartfelt. Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique Challenge Blog Challenge #59 - Thank You. We hope you will continue to join us. Good Luck on your entry ~ Patti TSB DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning Layout!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge, "Give Thanks!" We can't wait to see you back really soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truly susch a lovely layout. Thank you for sharing with us over at love to create challenges.
    Amanda LTCDT

    ReplyDelete
  16. your layout is so special - i love it !! - thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your colours are fantastic - I love the green and purple together and the torn edges are fab. Wonderful words too! Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photo! And you have wonderful handwriting! :)

    Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful layout, thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. I hope you'll pop back and join in again soon.
    Mandy x (PPCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous layout! I have neglected my "pages" for so long. I also adore these colours. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  21. A really beautiful layout

    Love Chrissie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This Scrapbook page is so precious!

    *Congratulations Laura* you are the winner of the Scrapper's Delights "Thankful" Challenge!
    HERE http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/
    Please follow the instructions in the post to claim your prize :)
    Love Janice

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!