Hello everyone! Hope everyone is warm and comfortable in this snowy weather! Grab a hot cuppa and join me in talking Lace and Roses....not a very winter subject I am afraid, but perhaps it will take our minds off the icy weather outside...
'Simon says' is Lace Love this week. I was sure I had some lace somewhere but do you think I could find it? I hunted everywhere!...then I glanced at the very top shelf of my art cupboard (where I keep all the "Will do it later/ never do it/ try to do it sometime" stuff and the also the seasonal bits and pieces) There was a box which had 'Christmas' written on it - could I have put it in there?
Yes I did!!....so I had lace - Well, that was a good start at least.
I had mentioned in a previous post about the bad tempered printer we own and it's habit of printing nothing at all or terrible orangey pictures....I had nagged my poor husband to fix the printer and bless him -he sat struggling with it for ages. I am happy to say that in the end the printer lost the battle and agreed to quit behaving badly and produce some prints...the quality isn't superb - some horizontal bands which are there despite all the alignments and ink checks and nozzle cleaning.....but it is a good compromise (seeing as all prints before were not usable - unless I wanted a picture of an Oompa-Loompa) and I managed to print out a LOT of printables.
So the first thing - I obviously wanted vintage - so I chose a Victorian photo - they are so beautiful. I found it hard to choose one.
The background of the tag was inked with Antique Linen, Victorian Velvet and Walnut Stain giving a lovely antique rose marble effect. Then I began to select various printed images - cut or torn, inked with Antique linen around the edges to cover the harsh white of the cut or torn edges.
A printed lace doily and a music sheet
A receipt with a gorgeous picture of flowers and leaves at the bottom.
These were grey so I painted them with Victorian Velvet and Bundled Sage DI's. The white smudges are from glue resisting the DI...I found this accidentally using Mod Podge paper on paper glue and realised, while this can be a mistake to have this 'smudge' on some items of craft work, for a distressed vintage look it can work quite well.
I stamped some script in the corner with Pumice stone DI
I edged the photo with the lace and I inked the lace with Antique Linen DI to give it a more antique look.
I adore old music sheets, postcards etc so I had to include these printables which were distressed with Antique Lined and walnut stain inks.
Because I had included two music sheets I thought this was an appropriate quote and I loved that it was in the style of an old ticket
I formed three paper roses into a bouquet with some curled wire that had some Forest Moss DI ink smudged on it. One rose was left natural while the other two were stained with Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen DI's. The stems were wrapped in twine which was tied into a bow.
I attached another pink dyed rose below the ribbons attached to the top of the tag
The ribbon was dyed with Victorian Velvet DI. I added scrolls stamped with Walnut Stain and embossed in each corner of the tag. I then distressed the edges of the tag and inked with Walnut Stain DI.
So there is my Lacy floral Victorian tag. Hope you liked it -
Please leave a comment if you are passing my blog and decided to have a look - I would love to know you were here......
.......and if you liked what you saw, why not click 'Follow' and come back and see more projects in the future. It would be lovely to have you join me in this wonderful crafty blogland!
See you very soon!
I am entering this into the following challenges -
Simon says stamp and show - Lace Love
Frilly and funkie - Follow your Muse (vintage)