Thursday 13 June 2013

Birdhouse In Your Soul



       I have wanted to decorate a birdhouse for a while now....and I found some in The Range - what would I do without that shop!! I have gone for my usual shabby vintage style....with some favourite patchwork.



My Melissa Frances papers were a wonderful purchase! I have used them for so many things - and I save every little scrap cut or torn, because I can't bear to throw even the tiniest scrap away! I think I will be buying more on my next crafty shopping spree! Here I used my 5th Avenue set which are so gorgeous. They fit perfectly with my usual vintage style - the only problem I usually have is choosing which one to use. Here I had a fun time! I used bits of all my scraps that I have been collecting!

     I painted the house with Stone Fresco paint over some crackle glaze that had been thinly applied over some Taupe Fresco paint. I dabbed the paint on with a sponge so that it gave a very delicate cracked porcelain effect.


I cut out random sized squares of papers and edged each one with Frayed Burlap DI and stuck them onto the roof and sides of the house. I then added some faux stitches with a dark grey/brown pen.


I tore some sections of paper and blended Frayed Burlap DI over the edges and stuck them to corners of the house.


      I painted some diecut flowers with Bora Bora Fresco paint and some Victorian Velvet DP - both diluted a little with Snowflake Fresco paint. I created some flowers, glued sets together or left them single and centred them with buttons or painted brads. The diecut leaves were painted with Toad Hall Fresco paint.
























The roof was edged with beige crochet lace and a twine bow was added to the front.



   And there you have a very simple, but cute creation - My little patchwork birdhouse.....I did make a little patchwork bird, but it flew away for now.....perhaps it might come back and sit on another creation in the future! LOL.....;o)




                   Thanks for peeking at what I have made! Hope you like it!

                             See you soon!

                        



     I would like to enter this in the following challenges -


Simon Says - The Button Challenge
As you like it - Favourite papers
Craftroom Challenge - Here comes the summer
Everybody Art Challenge - Scrap Paper
Love to Create Challenge  - Vintage or Shabby
Follow on Bloglovin

25 comments:

  1. oh my goodness WOW!!! This is so incredible - I absolutely love all the details you've put in and I just think it might be the loveliest birdhouse I've ever seen! Thank you so much for sharing - and what a perfect entry for this week's button challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    May

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great style...love what you did with all the papers and ribbon...great altered birdhouse Laura

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love that patchwork roof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful shabby abode, what bird wouldn't love to live here.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, gorgeous, shabby and I love how you have done the roof!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful whimsy gorgeous make, Laura! I LOVE it!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really imaginative and such beautiful colours. You have a great style. Julie Ann Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laura, now that was one worthwhile trip to the Range! Those Melissa Francis papers are just gorgeous too and I love how you did the patchwork - so perfect for a shabby chic bird abode. Beautiful work! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. COOL birdhouse! I love the patchwork roof! The button flowers are so wonderful too! Thanks for buttoning up with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura...your birdhouse is so cute. Love the patchwork roof with the faux stitching. Love the colors and the papers you've used. Your flowers with the button centers are such cute and perfect embellishments for the birdhouse. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute. I like the patchwork look. Very good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeously sweet Laura. The roof is adorable and your faux stitching is perfect. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your patchwork birdhouse
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect patchwork with beautiful papers, what could be better. This is beautiful Laura, a real 'fairytale gingerbread' house. Love it. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laura that' s a wonderful project! Patchwork is very cute and colors so sweet! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful - I love all the little stitching details. MMx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful bird house!!! Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
    Ruza, LTC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  18. So chic..Thank you for joining us over at love to create challenges.
    Amanda LTCDT

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so sweet! Love the crackle and the patchwork effect with the pieces of paper. Thank you for sharing your button ideas with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the cutest bird house I have seen love the patchwork roof with all the edging and stitches , the blended Frayed Burlap is goooooorgeous,I have one to do and this make me want to get it out right now lol.This bird would love to live there :). You are such an inspiration, have a wonderful week..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome love your birdhouse and all the little touches you have added with textile and texture. Thank you for sharing your wonderful bird house with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I absolutely love this! Your crackle effect is lovely, as it your decoration. I love the MF papers. Thanks for sharing with us at the Craft-Room Challenge this fortnight.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  23. so cute! and pretty, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is fabulous, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!