Sunday 3 November 2013

Cameo Appearance

Hi everyone!

     Today I bring you another challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges...

.......and today it is my challenge choice! For this challenge I am asking everyone to stamp WITHOUT ink!

  Try stamping with other things - Gesso, Acrylic paints and Distress paints, bleach, water, sprays...Play around and see what you can come up with....



    I decided to produce a stamped image in a different way....by stamping into melted embossing powder. I love the Gibson Girls stamps by Flonzcraft so I used one for this project - intending it to be a cameo.

    I made this tag ages ago, before I managed to get a Melt pot. I spent some time experimenting with pouring a pile of embossing powder (didn't have UTEE) and just melted it with the heat gun and when it was liquid I quickly pressed the stamp into it (after coating it with clear ink first) Several went very wrong...I got through a lot of embossing powder! But it was a lot of fun.

     When I had finally done the image I painted it with Snowflake Fresco Paint and shaded it with Mocha Mousse Fresco paint. I cut an oval shape out of embossed card and painted it gold, shabbying it up a little wit French Roast Fresco paint. I painted the background of the cameo with French Roast Fresco paint.


I cut an oval shape out of embossed card and painted it gold, shabbying it up a little with French Roast Fresco paint. I painted the background of the cameo with French Roast Fresco paint.



  


















I got a tag and covered it in striped paper and stamped some flourishes and script with French Roast Fresco paint.



     I stuck the cameo on to the tag and added some roses which were dabbed with Vintage Photo DI and added some leaves that had been painted with green acrylic paint and covered with crackle glaze.


  A frame painted with gold paint was added with a lovely sentiment and I added a key for some more detail







     A strip of delicate crochet lace was added to the bottom of the tag and a length of white ribbon tied into a bow was added to the top

   

       Hope you like my 'No Ink' stamping! Why not come over and join us this time at Fashionable Stamping Challenges....Just be sure to feature a stamped focal image on your creation and DON'T use ink! You may use distress inks and other types of ink to colour your creation - but the stamping has to be done WITHOUT ink -  You could be the winner of $20 to spend at Flonzcraft Stamps! And of course you could be picked at one of our Catwalk Spotlights!

    
               Hope to see you over there!

          






Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Laura! You have really inspired me to have a go at no ink stamping. I must squeeze some time in to do this asap! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever stuff... and a really great challenge theme!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tag Laura, it was a super challenge theme.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cameo! This challenge sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Laura, very clever and I really, really like how it came out, the perfect cameo. Great tag altogether and a fantastic theme, - I might just have to play in this one....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Laura, love the cameo effect you've created! Great challenge theme too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is BRILLIANT Miss Laura, the cameo you created is gorgeous, love the frame, love the stamped background, you special little touches oh its gorgeous all of it, this is going to be an excellant challenge, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laura - thanks for a great challenge theme, after my initial panic I loved trying something different !! Your cameo is gorgeous, looks so effective and love the distressed oval frame too...all round beauty !! Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laura...Such a beautiful tag! I think the sentiment is absolutely perfect for the cameo. And so true! I think your tag has heaps of style.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vintagy feel of this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura, this is a beautiful tag! Love the way you framed the cameo and all the details! Fabulous challenge theme! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phew Laura finally stopped chasing my tail and just in time to say what a fabulous solo entry this was for FSC before the new challenge is posted. lol

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!