Sunday 27 April 2014

Steel Butterlies

Hi everyone!

    An Ally Pally creation here!...There will be quite a few posts over the next month detailing what I have made with my new craft stash!

    I bought so many goodies because my husband gave me the Ally Pally trip as an early birthday present. He figured it would save him having to wade through a LONG wishlist and it would save me from finding all the links for him - let's face it if I just gave him the website details he would never find anything! ;o) He felt it was easier on both of us for me to have some blissful retail therapy...and it really was wonderful! And I had the bonus of meeting some wonderful friends!!!


      On this tag I painted it with Old Gold Fresco Paint and then covered it with crackle glaze and left to dry. When dry I covered it with  Decoart Americana Decor paint in Lace. This is my new favourite base to work with. I know it is meant to be used to alter larger items but I love the thicker texture of it which gives the most amazing crackle effect. I also adore the chalky smooth finish. So this is one of my new 'must have' items.

     I then stamped the tag with some wild meadow stamps from an Inkylicious set. This was stamped with Potting Soil Archival ink and then I blended some Gathered Twigs around the edge before the Archival ink was dry to give a slightly blurred 'halo' edging.


My usual favourite Paperartsy script stamp was used again in Potting Soil and randomly stamped around the edge.


Another favourite Inkylicious stamp was used for this tag. I covered the card with Decoart Americana Decor paint in Primitive and then stamped in Potting Soil Archival ink and then edged the card with Gathered Twigs DI.


 A rusty heart was added along with a metal butterfly and a brown hemp string loop was added to the top of the tag

























Hope you like it! Thanks so much for being here to see what I have made!

 photo temp3_zpsf37f8b2d.png
Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Love it Laura, amazing colour and tones, think I might have to get some decoart paints! Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, this is so pretty! I liked your combination of gold and white color crackle background. And beautiful stamping! I pinned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour combination, love the naturally stamps and the crackle effect. Hugs, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Brilliant use of that DecoArt Decor paint! Haven't used it before but after seeing this adorable creation of yours I think I will! Lovely stamps and a beautiful saying too! And all that I so love about "Laura" makes is on it and combined to enchant! Just perfect!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, such elegant sophisticated colours
    Gorgeous texturesstamps and wonderful words

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!