Sunday 4 October 2015

Rust No.1

Hi everyone! 

    
 Here is the first follow up post to Adventures in Rust....

In that post I featured five rust pieces that I was going to make into creations to feature here.

The first one was the Rust background....



....and here is what I made


I decided to concentrate on the yellow tones in the rust (even though they are eventually covered up)


I started by cutting a heart shape from card and covering it with Decoart Media Crackle Paste. When this was dry I covered it with a wash of Decoart Media Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide acrylic paint. This was then dry brushed with Quinacridone Gold and Burnt Umber. When the heart was dry it was rubbed with a sanding block.


 I used a Found Relatives Photo for the collage and cut the people out and stuck them onto the heart with a ruler from the Salvage stickers set.


 I added a brass flower with some die cut leaves that had been inked with Brushed Corduroy DI and stamped with Jet Black Archival ink using a script stamp
 

A calendar months was added along with a filigree brass decoration

A brass key was added to the collage

Several brass buttons were added


A brass hinge was used as decoration


I added more hinges to the top of the collage 


And there is my finished collage....



The next rust creation will be this one....hope you will come back to see what I made with it....




Thanks so much for being here!

Happy crafting!

Laura xxxx



Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous make! The rusty background is amazing! Love the yellow crackled heart on it.. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant, Laura!
    Love all the added elments - especially the hinges look great! And that crackle is superb!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Laura, what a fantastic background in combination with crackle effects and beautiful embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amaizing creations and the rust scene is fantastic :-)) Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!