Thursday 10 December 2015

Believe for always

Hi everyone!  A seasonal creation today!

I recently bought a heat tool after mine had exploded in my hand ages ago...Yes, I was without a heat tool for over a year!....I don't know how I managed!

Anyway I had to finally give in and buy one because some embossing enamels were sitting there having never been used and I was desperate to try them out....and I never did have the patience to wait for things to dry....


 I made a background by swiping some Ground Espresso and Gathered Twigs DI on the craft mat, spritzed with water then swirled the card in the ink. I stamped some images from a Tim Holtz Christmas set in Ground Espresso DI and a script stamp in Jet black Archival ink to give layers and depth.


   I decided to use a stamp by Artistic Outpost - the vintage Santa is such a gorgeous image. I stamped it in Potting Soil Archival ink and blended some Vintage Photo DI over his coat and hat.


   I had just bought a Sizzix Thinlits Holiday greens die cut set and was so keen to try them! I had also had purchased a Sizzix flourish die cut by Pete Hughes called 'Graceful Flourish'

  ...I was soooo thrilled with it. It is a very delicate flourish and is so beautiful - the main thing I love about it is it's versatility. While it can be used whole as a gorgeous flourish, it can easily be cut into small sections to give various flourish accents. My favourite craft items are the ones with the most versatility - and so this is perfect.

     I cut out the flourish, the holly and snowflakes and wanted to cover them with Stampendous Frantage Embossing enamel. I began to dab them with clear embossing ink.... 

The holly was covered with Aged Hunter Green embossing enamel.


 The flourishes were covered with Aged Bronze embossing enamel 


 .....and the snowflakes were covered with Aged Ivory embossing enamel.



   I love that thick enamel effect!!!

I stamped the word 'Believe' in Archival ink and cut the word out before attaching it to the hanger with two bronze brads


I attached some lace to the bottom of the hanger along with some twine and I used twine to form the hanger at the top.



A final spritz of a snow effect with a bristle brush and some watered down Picket Fence DP.



And there is a Vintage Christmas hanger with enameled embellishments!
I hope you like it!

Happy Crafting!
Laura xxxxx



Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. oh my, I love this vintage piece, especially the Santa image and the Frantage embossing enamel on the diecuts. I only have Ivory- now I see I will have to get some more colours. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW, what a fantastic creations you made, Laurat :-))
    Such a beautiful details on this mixed media!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful flourish and I am glad to hear that you have a new heat tool! lol....I couldn't do without one at all! ;)

    That Christmas hanger is soooo beautiful! LOVE it!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just thrills me! I just bought a die that is scrolly and holly combined! Great minds... Anyway, I love how you've embossed in so many colors. I am dying to get my hands on this powder! Such a fabulous creation, love the vintage mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great vintage piece that you will enjoy for a long time. You did great with the embossing powder. I love the dimension it gives.

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!